Hello there! Happy Tuesday!! I’ve got quite a yummy post for you today and can’t wait to share it! So, I’ll just jump right in to all the goodness!
Today’s delicious Chewsday Tuesday post is brought to you by Vital Proteins! Remember when I shared about how I’m adding in my Vital Proteins Collagen and loving it? Well, this recipe just took my love for it up a notch! Any other gingerbread lovers out there like me? Gingerbread just screams holidays and Christmas time, which made me even more excited to share this recipe with you!
The classic holiday loaf recipe is taken to new heights with this healthy, collagen-infused version. It’s sure to keep you warm all winter long!
If you haven’t tried Vital Proteins’ new delicious Collagen Creamers, you need to. These diverse creamers can be incorporated into any recipe your heart desires, so naturally a holiday loaf needed to be created.
Gingerbread cookies and loaves are a time-honored tradition for many cultures, including here in America (and my household especially! ;)), where the soft-baked loaves are more popular than the stiff variety used to make gingerbread houses. Ginger root was considered by many ancient civilizations as a valuable commodity, as it helped disguise the flavor of preserved food. It has been used in different forms and various tonics to help support digestion and the immune system.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 c cashew butter
1/2 c applesauce
1/2 c maple syrup
1 t vanilla extract
1 t fresh grated ginger root
1/2 c cassava flour
1 t baking powder
2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer, Coconut
1/4 t salt
1 T lemon juice
Gingerbread spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice) to taste
1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer, Coconut
2 T coconut milk
2 T raw honey
1 t arrowroot starch
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a standard loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add in cashew butter, applesauce, maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract and fresh grated ginger root. Mix until well-combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together cassava flour, baking powder, Coconut Collagen Creamer, salt, and spices.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well-incorporated.
5. Add in the lemon juice and whisk again.
6. Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
7. For the glaze: add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on high. Let the glaze sit for a few minutes to thicken. Best served on the holiday loaf when it has cooled slightly.
8. Serve immediately.
I hope you absolutely LOVE this recipe as much as I do! Enjoy every last crumble!
Have a fabulous Tuesday!! let’s chat again tomorrow for some Wednesday Randoms!
Questions for YOU today: (Comment below with your thoughts!)
What’s your favorite Christmas sweet treat?
Are you in baking this time of year, or not so much?
Have you tried collagen before?
*There are affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase after clicking one of these links, I will receive a small comission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Just Me Chelsea B through your purchases!