Hey guys!! Happy Fri-YAY!! How was your work week? I hope it was really great! We have FINALLY had some gorgeous days here and I’m just soaking it all in as much as possible! It sure is impressive what sunny days can do for your productivity and mood! It just makes a world of difference to me!
I wanted to pop in today to share 5 of my March intentions & goals! Do you like to set monthly goals? I am ALL about making small weekly and monthly goals to get me closer to those bigger long term goals down the road. Marking them off and seeing progress helps me take those steps so much easier instead of seeing the big giagantic mountain ahead that I’m looking to climb to the top of.
I have a few running goals and a few non-running goals, so let’s just jump right in!
1) I am setting a goal to run 3 times a week (at least). I have had a somewhat small running hiatus the past few weeks (maybe months) and I’m excited to jump back into the game this month. I mentioned in my previous posts that I want to get signed up for some 5ks and 10ks to really help me stay motivated to keep pushing and get out there for more running workouts. I had so many life things go on the past few months that running just wasn’t at the top of my priority list, even though I know it helps me cope and work through so many things 10x better! But, I took it as an “off season” which we could all use every now and then in my opinion.
With this goal, I want to incorporate at least one day of hill work and speed into my weekly workouts. Hills have always been my worst enemy, but I live in such a hilly neighborhood and it makes for the best place to get them in and done for a good solid workout.
2) My 2nd goal is to read one non-personal development book, more of a fun read besides my March Book of the Month book. You guys know I’m all about my personal development books and podcasts ALL the time, but I want to start adding in a few other books to the mix for some light reading and pure enjoyment. There’s really not much that can beat zoning out with a really good book that sucks you into it’s words and juicy storyline. Any suggestions on where I should start? I’m all ears for sure for what’s been one of your favorites lately!
3) I want to be really intentional with keeping a positive mindset + meditating. Hello Calm App! 🙂 This is something I somewhat struggle with from time to time but I know when I am really intentional and focused on quiet time while clearing my mind, I feel better almost instantly. It’s so easy to get distracted by day-to-day things and negative self-doubt, but I want to try to add in some form of quiet time/meditation every single day for the month of March. (Even if it’s just 5 minutes!)
4) I want to spend a few days a week grounding! You can see why it’s so awesome in my post>>here<<. Now that it’s warming up, I can finally get back outside for some good grounding sessions!
5) MORE greens!! March is a pretty green month anyways right? 🙂 But, I’m talking about veggie greens!! I am going to try my hardest to have as many veggies as possible each day. I’ve really lowered my green intake lately and have had one too many bakery treats. So, I know with more running coming back into play, my nutrition really needs to get its act together too! 😉
Here’s hoping for a really great month filled with all kinds of goal digging! 🙂
Questions for YOU today:
What is one thing you plan on tackling this month?
Any weekend plans or long runs ahead of you in the next 2 days?
What’s your favorite vegetable?
I’m linking up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness for today’s Friday 5 linkup! Feel free to join us next week and share your own Friday 5!!